Wednesday, November 20, 2013

KICKING DOWN THE DOOR, ONE POST AT A TIME




I have a friend named Holly. She's awesome. She's the one who inspired me to start this blog in the first place. She read my last post and was pretty *Pun intended* disappointed in me. She called. She wrote. She told me to never give up. She told me to kick the fucking door down if I have to but to keep writing *She's from Texas. Did I mention how badass she is?*

I have another amazing friend named Chris. He also took the time to tell me how much he enjoyed my blog and how talented and amusing and all around special he thinks I am. *I might have paid him to say that* And my friend Jesse also reached out and told me he never misses a post. *Seriously, Jesse you're the man-thanks!*

Sometimes, that's all we need. Just a little encouragement. A little love. A little appreciation. *And a swift kick to the head. Thanks again, Holly!*

I'm lucky. I just put a little daylight between me and my feelings of despair and now I see that I can't stop. Won't stop. I just got a little sideways there for a minute. *It happens. Especially to uber-emotional Redheaded Gemini's like myself*

So, I'm up off my knees and moving on with my Pretty Girl Quest and my Where is My Pretty Girl Discount? Blog. *See Chris, God does listen. Your prayers have been answered*

Also, how cool is this? I've decided to go to The Iowa Burlesque Festival this weekend (http://iowaburlesquefestival.blogspot.com/)  so how can I not write about that? It's gonna be insane. I'm taking a couple of workshops; an 'Intro to old timey burlesque bump & grinding' and a 'How to shake your ass, class *As a single girl, I feel that ass shaking is one skill that I should definitely have in my back pocket. So to speak*

But the best part of all? The Queen of Burlesque, TEMPEST STORM is going to perform! Who's that you say? First of all, she's a legend. #Recognize. She's seriously everything a girl could hope to be. A Natural Redhead. Dated Elvis, worked with Bettie Page. Is 85 years old and still going strong. *And also has like, the most amazing boobs, EVER!*






Her motto is simple.

 "Never stop doing what you love. It makes you who you are." -Tempest Storm




I couldn't agree more.

So Pretty People, I'm just gonna keep on keeping on. Because this is me. And because I love it.

I hope you do too!

x Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment